Top to bottom, left to right:
1, 2 and 3. We checked out Luminato Festival (festival of creativity) which is about five minutes away from our house and saw K’Naan perform. He sings “Waving Flag” which is the Fifa World Cup 2010 song, and has a really cool and distinctive music style. Halfway through he brought out his surprise guest – Nelly Furtado to sing their song “Is Anybody Out There”. The crowd went nuts! It was very cool! Apparently K’Naan called Nelly Furtado an hour before the show and she had to rush to get a babysitter and showed up. They were awesome!
4. We checked out 1000 Tastes of Toronto which was a street food festival out at the Distillery District. We had some of the most best oysters we’ve ever had, freshly shucked, 3 for $5!
5. Donut peaches, how cute are they. The photo doesn’t do the fruit justice.
6. New eyeshadow: Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Sahara Treasure.
7. It’s been hovering around the 30 degree mark lately so we’ve been ice-cofee-ing it up. This is from Sense 96 Coffee Roasters and has house made creme anglaise and morello cherry syrup in it. Yum!
8. Last week I made French meringue style vanilla bean macarons, with white chocolate vanilla bean ganache. We still have some in the freezer.
9. This week I hit another personal best at the gym: 2 x 25 pound dumbbells while doing deadlifts. It was only a few months ago that I’d never lifted more than 10 pounds EVAH! Yayyerrr!
10. Fish tacos at Taste of Little Italy yesterday.
11. Street art.
12. Taste of Little Italy street fest.
13 and 14. Highlight of the week: Kran making me chicken noodle soup (not pictured) and crepes with nutella, bananas and strawberries to make me feel better from this cold I’ve been running. They were the best crepes I’ve ever had!!